On this week’s Education Gadfly Show podcast (listen on Apple Podcasts and Spotify), Checker Finn, Fordham’s senior fellow and president emeritus, joins Mike Petrilli and David Griffith to discuss the big education issues of the past year and look ahead to 2022. Then, on the Research Minute, Amber Northern examines a study showing that Black and Hispanic students are less likely to major in lucrative fields.
You can find this and every episode on all major podcast platforms, as well as share it with friends.
- Checker’s 2021 Flypaper blog posts on:
- Teacher unions’ response to CDC guidelines for schools: “CDC school guidelines, acceleration, stimulus, and other goings-on”
- Civics and history curricula: “Proof that it’s possible to approach civics and U.S. history in a balanced way”
- School choice: “Charter schools at 30: Looking back, looking ahead”
- The study that Amber reviewed on the Research Minute: Zachary Bleemer and Aashish Mehta, “College Major Restrictions and Student Stratification,” retrieved from Annenberg Institute at Brown University (December 2021).
Have ideas or feedback on our podcast? Send them to our podcast producer Pedro Enamorado at [email protected].