We are currently accepting applications for our Spring 2022 internships. Please see below for more information about the internship and how to apply.
The Thomas B. Fordham Institute, based in Washington, D.C., provides several internships throughout the year. Fordham's research internships involve diverse and meaningful responsibilities, including:
1. Research. We seek interns with experience and interest in the education field who can perform high-quality research and write clearly and convincingly. Research tasks include assisting with Fordham's ongoing research studies, briefs, and white papers, as well as with smaller day-to-day projects.
2. Commentary. The Fordham Institute is devoted to reforming K–12 education. One of the main ways in which we do this is through our ongoing commentary. These outlets include the weekly publication of an influential national newsletter, The Education Gadfly; a lively, interactive website and blog; a weekly podcast show; and the publication of opinion pieces in various national publications. Research interns frequently have the opportunity to contribute to these various media.
3. Administrative duties. In addition to the above responsibilities, interns occasionally assist with fielding phone calls, staffing education events, answering e-mail queries, and other miscellaneous office duties.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, as well as:
- A strong interest in education policy and reform
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior research experience
- A high level of organization and a fierce attention to detail
The paid 6 month internship will run from January through June 2023 (though we can be flexible on start and end dates). This is a full-time role that can be remote or based in downtown DC (with occasional in-person work days). The position pays $20.00 per hour.
The Thomas B. Fordham Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunities and being an inclusive workplace that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of the students and families we aim to serve.
Please browse our website for more information about our organization.
Individuals interested in a research internship should submit 1) a brief cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) no more than three page writing sample (ideally combined into a single attachment) HERE.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY October 7, 2022.